- Dates: April 8–12, 2019
- Location: Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in Front Royal, VA.
Learn decision-making, team formation and management, conflict resolution, communication skills, consensus-building, and cross-cultural sensitivity in this five-day course.
What You'll Study
- The role of the facilitator in consensual decision-making
- Facilitating open discussion in a meeting or workshop
- Developmental stages of team building
- Decision-making processes
- Dealing with conflict under different circumstances
- Effective listening skills
- Providing feedback to improve relationships and promote effective work
- Planning effective workshops and meetings
The course is designed for individuals working in zoos or conservation organizations and other professionals or graduate students who need to develop skills in communication, facilitation and management.
Please note that this is not a Registry program. Please contact the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation directly for details (click here).