- Dates: May 6 – 10, 2019
Gain hands-on experience in zoo and wildlife nutrition in this five-day course featuring expert nutritionists from three leading U.S. zoological institutions.
What You'll Study
- Commissary design, operations, and management
- Nutrient and energy metabolism of zoo and wild animals
- Practical principles of feeding a wide variety of animals across all taxa
- Diet formulation and evaluation
- Problem-solving strategies to apply to your operation
- How to develop a comprehensive clinical diet plan for an animal/species at your own institution
This course will be most relevant for:
- Nutrition/animal science graduate students
- Zoo keepers and curators
- Commissary managers
- Professionals with some previous background/experience in nutrition
Please note that this is not a Registry program. Contact the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation directly for details (click here).